What are the . . . below the power button?

mikecox

Reaction score
What are those 3 tiny buttons/contacts on the side of the phone, below the Power button.

Ok, I just found the answer to the question: "charging contacts"; but how do they work?

OP
mikecox

mikecox

Reaction score
Cool! I have a case on my phone and was afraid it wouldn't allow the phone to fit in; and line up with, the mini USB plug, plus someone complained that they couldn't use a headset with the portrait oriented doc. The, landscape orientation might address both these issues. Thanks for the link, I think I'll order it! :biggrin:

I think it was only available for some Gnex models
Hmmm, I thought is was on all on all Gnex phone. I've seen in mentioned on a couple of review videos, in one case I didn't catch what the guy said about it, some didn't mention it, but today I saw the reference again and it was clear. But none of them mentioned them by name; pogo pins.

Thanks again

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That dock that CJM linked is only compatible with the GSM/HSPA+ galaxy Nexus. If you have the Verizon version it won't fit as its dimensions are slightly different compared to the GSM model. There is no official Verizon Galaxy Nexus dock AFAIK

OP
mikecox

mikecox

Reaction score
That dock that CJM linked is only compatible with the GSM/HSPA+ galaxy Nexus. If you have the Verizon version it won't fit as its dimensions are slightly different compared to the GSM model. There is no official Verizon Galaxy Nexus dock AFAIK
Yes, and also, they have stopped making it. I didn't notice that until I posted my last response.