What just happened to the phone?!

So, my boyfriend has an X2. He had his phone in his pocket and went to answer a call. After the call, he hung up and all of a sudden - this! IMG_20120613_221158.jpg Anyone know what would cause this? His phone was never dropped and is still stock.

I tried to get into stock recovery to see if it was just the home screen, but nothing different. It still receives calls and texts, etc. He just can't do anything because of the screen.

Not to mention, he called VZW about this because he was going to activate his brothers Droid X but they told him they cannot add a different phone because he has to BUY a sim card. Is that something new?? I've gone in a few times and they've just given me a sim card. It seemed they were just giving him a run around and he won't get a new phone until Friday.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Wow, that doesn't look good. I wonder if by being in his pocket he may have bent over and twisted or flexed the case, popping off one of the connectors for the display. I am leaning toward a loose connection for the display, and not permanent damage, especially because the display is showing "segmented lines and patterns that repeat". Either way, it's not user-serviceable. I'd take it the Phone Center Store and let them have at it.

Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
SimplySweetness
Wow, that doesn't look good. I wonder if by being in his pocket he may have bent over and twisted or flexed the case, popping off one of the connectors for the display. I am leaning toward a loose connection for the display, and not permanent damage, especially because the display is showing "segmented lines and patterns that repeat". Either way, it's not user-serviceable. I'd take it the Phone Center Store and let them have at it.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Yea, not so good. I've never seen anything like it before, lol. He said he was driving, so maybe after he put it in his pocket when he was sitting, it did something. They're sending him a warranty replacement that he'll get on Friday.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
So, my boyfriend has an X2. He had his phone in his pocket and went to answer a call. After the call, he hung up and all of a sudden - this! View attachment 51014 Anyone know what would cause this? His phone was never dropped and is still stock.

I tried to get into stock recovery to see if it was just the home screen, but nothing different. It still receives calls and texts, etc. He just can't do anything because of the screen.

Not to mention, he called VZW about this because he was going to activate his brothers Droid X but they told him they cannot add a different phone because he has to BUY a sim card. Is that something new?? I've gone in a few times and they've just given me a sim card. It seemed they were just giving him a run around and he won't get a new phone until Friday.

OK, call vzw back and tell them that your not going to ve told that you need TO BUY A SIMCARD when a 3g device doesn't take a simcard... also simcards are free... geeez....

Pull the battery from your x2.. turn on the x. Call *228 from the x and follow the prompts. You can activate it yourself.

BUT CALL VZW tell them what the last person told you... see how much they laugh.. cause I am :)

SIMCARDS are for 4g devices.. not 3g.

As far as the screen. I agree with FoxKat as usual :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Caesars

Looks line bad connection to screen, don't try to fix yourself lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
SimplySweetness
OK, call vzw back and tell them that your not going to ve told that you need TO BUY A SIMCARD when a 3g device doesn't take a simcard... also simcards are free... geeez....

Pull the battery from your x2.. turn on the x. Call *228 from the x and follow the prompts. You can activate it yourself.

BUT CALL VZW tell them what the last person told you... see how much they laugh.. cause I am :)

SIMCARDS are for 4g devices.. not 3g.

As far as the screen. I agree with FoxKat as usual :)

No, the SIM card was for the Bionic his brother was trying to activate. Not the X. They didn't tell him to drive down to the local VZW store and get one free - they said he had to purchase one. I knew this but apparently because i'm a girl, I am wrong no matter what lol. So, he can just wait for his replacement instead. I was just wondering if anyone knew why or how this happened. Looks like I got the answer :biggrin:

OP
SimplySweetness
Looks line bad connection to screen, don't try to fix yourself lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yea, he can deal with waiting for his replacement instead of trying to fix it haha. I'll just have to let his use my phone until then :blink:

Caesars

Lol I think it would be funny to watch someone addicted to a phone not have one for a few days.

OP
SimplySweetness
Lol I think it would be funny to watch someone addicted to a phone not have one for a few days.

Oh, man! I know haha! And he's a plumber and uses his phone 24/7 for work, too. This is gonna be hell lmao. I may just have to pack and leave for a few days :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry. Could've swore it said x not bionic.. my apologies :)

OP
SimplySweetness
Sorry. Could've swore it said x not bionic.. my apologies :)

Oh, no it's my bad!! I just went and re-read. He was going to activate his brothers Droid X on his line (and his brother was going to reactivate his Bionic) just so he had a phone to use until the replacement came lol.

I have even confused myself after this ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Its alright.. I thought it was totally me lol. :p :cool: