What temperature on SetCPU is considered "hot"

tee00max

Reaction score
Im always trying out different ROMs and want to find out what works best for me, It seems like different people says that Slayher offers the best kernels. I know every device is different, but it seems that Slayher runs very hot on my phone, but to make a long story short, what temperature basically is too hot for the phone. Im running a D1.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I am using the Chevy kernels like you are currently showing and have no problems at all.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've ran mine at 120 degrees with no damage, but it's uncomfortably hot to me. However I remember reading in posts on this subject and saw that the temp on the original Droid can get up to 150....though I wouldn't want to test that.

turdbogls

Reaction score
well the phone will shut down before any damage can happen to it due to heat....i think i heard somewhere it was 135 degrees, but i could be wrong.

Slayher kernels are considered the best simply because they are interactive instead of on demand. interactive governers keep the processor going faster for a longer period, so it may be at 1ghz for a the entire duration of 4 button pushes. where "on demand" will only go up to 1ghz to process the one command, then going back down to the minimum.

because of the above, Slayher kernels seem faster in ever day use, but since the processor is chugging along longer, it not only gets hotter faster, it also eats battery faster.

for instance Chevys ULV kernel, i get great battery life, and it rarely gets over 105 degrees, but i hit 110 all day long on a slayher kernel.

Riley

Reaction score
I run Chevy's 1.2 Ghz kernel and it will get hot, but mainly if I am web browsing and running a lot of flash. Flash really heats my cpu up. I use a temp profile in SetCPU in the event it gets too hot it clocks it back down.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read some where here on the forums that 140° is the highest you would want to go. Damage to the system starts to occur at 150° but prolonged exposure to 140° can be damaging as well.
After 140° in battery temp the heat starts to dammage the lithium ion battery. Heat is the enemy of Li-ion batteries.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk