Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

Aram58

Reaction score
I
No plans to upgrade until the next "generation" comes along, if you will. I'm talking about significantly updated specs and features that excite me enough to make the switch.

Might that next generation be dual core phones or 4g lte.?

Sent from my stunning rooted droid using tapatalk.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
I still use the D1 and my "upgrade" isn't for another 10 months. But, I am not too worried about it. I love my phone, it's gonna take something really special to want to me go out and get rid of the D1. So, at least for me, there is no rush. But, if I was to pick out one, I'd probably go with the Droid X.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I am really interested in that rumored Samsung phone (not the Nexus S, but the "other one"). However, I have also heard one of the blogs say it is made up. So who knows. It is going to take something significant to upgrade. I was looking at the Droid Incredible HD but when that was pushed back to next year, I lost all interest. Now it will be just another phone compared to some of the other rumors.

I have rooted, ROM'ed and Overclocked my D1. This will help pass the time and keep me interested. Phone is as smooth as ever on my 1 GHz Kernel.

BUT, I also want to sell my D1 while it still has value. So I need to see where the fine line is between holding onto it long enough for the good stuff to come out next year, but not to long where selling it wont help finance my new phone.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
have had my D1 since january only phone that has caught my eye is the G2 i love the keyboard on it and plus its rooted now but i wont get another phone till there is a vanilla android phone with over a 1ghz processor like the nexus s maybe

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
have had my D1 since january only phone that has caught my eye is the G2 i love the keyboard on it and plus its rooted now but i wont get another phone till there is a vanilla android phone with over a 1ghz processor like the nexus s maybe
gonna have to leave VZW to get a 'vanilla' Android phone.

I doubt we'll ever see another D1 like device on Verizon again.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

i dont even have verizon anymore they were too expensive to keep up with but you pay for what you get

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True and it sucks!! I'm keeping my D1 til the wheels fall off!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

UNC

Reaction score

I think you're right. Atleast you'll be able to buy a vPhone and dualboot to a "vanilla" android if you wanted.....

BTW, I noticed the Whalers love in your sig!!! Hurricanes FTW!!! I love that the Hartford fans took out their dismay on the owner and not the team. Whalacaniacs!!!

Dj blare

Reaction score
definitelly the d1 still rocks specially if rooted im not an expert but moding is so adictive lfy is great but im looking at other roms searching for awesome themes rite now im rocking the blueberry theme from lfy

149766_107497359318622_100001750745379_57797_4918260_n.jpg