WiFi Broke

EricTheRed

Reaction score
Hello again.

About three weeks ago I finally got a friend to root my DroidX. It was more than I could have managed (stuff had to be updated, ect. took several tries) and I got to use the free WiFi once.

For a little over a week now it hasn't worked though. It starts, but pops up
tethering started with errors. Check "show log"
Its putting out a signal, because the computer will say "connected" but it also says "no internet access". So its producing a signal, but nothings on it.

Whats wrong and can it be fixed?
The guy who rooted it has dropped off the face of the planet, so I can't ask him.

Also, can I uninstall apps that came on the phone like Blockbuster and NSF Shift? Finding them in the market didn't work. Come to think of it, that didn't work for the TruTv app I got and don't want either...

Thanks in advance

scf

Reaction score
NSF Shift: Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, NSF Shift, Uninstall

Bloatware: Download/install Root Explorer from market. Execute app. System, App, click r/o so that it's r/w, rename appropriate APK files to BAK. Search on here for bloatware, you'll find a good list of them.

Wifi: Sorry...can't help ya there.

Last edited:
OP
E

EricTheRed

Reaction score
Thanks
4chan helped me with the WiFi.
The first bit got everything off but the Blockbuster, so I guess I'll have to try the bloatware thing. Thanks again.

scf

Reaction score
blockbuster.apk

rename it to blockbuster.bak

a reboot will help.

done.