wifi drops connection but laptop doesn't...

funkpod

Reaction score
Hello, droid incredible, non rooted.
I have a full and strong wifi signal at my house. However, sometimes when I go to turn my phone back on from when the screen is off, I will realize that in have not been connected to the internet. It shows full bars in wifi. I have to turn off wifi and then back on to get it back. Happens several times a day. VERY annoying. However, my connection seems to be ok at my work's wifi and other places.

Sometimes my 3g seems to not with quite right, in have to toggle airplane mode on and them back off to reconnect...

OH, and the wifi sleep policy is set to Never.

ALso, my laptop and my desktop are on the network and they don't drop their wifi connection, only my phone...

Any thoughts? Hardware? IP address problem thingy?

I think it has something to do with my router, a Linksys G and the way it communicates with my phone?

thanks for your help!

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
I think the antenna inside the phone is less efficient than the one inside the computer WiFi card. I was at a bed & breakfast this weekend and could not get the phone to connect to their router. Laptop connected no problem. I've also noticed the phone's connection drops out closer to my house than the laptop does.

DInc with CyanogenMod 6.1 and Invisiblek #28 kernel.