Wifi Tether confirmed by me

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Also... I can't tether an Android from it... only computers and idevices... thought that was a known issue... but others report they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
android devices cant see ad-hoc signal by default. what android device you using with the gnex? there is a flashabe zip for just about every device. im tetherd to my xoom now. most developers bake the functionality into ther roms.

captdroid

Reaction score
android devices cant see ad-hoc signal by default. what android device you using with the gnex? there is a flashabe zip for just about every device. im tetherd to my xoom now. most developers bake the functionality into ther roms.

Is the Wireless tether app running ad-hoc or infrastructure? On the D1 it ran ad-hoc but on the GN it may be infrastructure. Haven't bothered to check yet myself. My laptop will do either.

maddog0331

Reaction score
I was running it today for a while and I experience a total phone freeze..........A battery pull was required and afterwards it was all good.......:icon_ devil:

mwahlquist

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, I am able to tether gnex to stock og droid, but not to my rom'ed og droid... must be something corrupted on it. It would attempt to connect but then drop after authentication.

Also, there is a setting on the wireless tether app for auto, master, or ad hoc... I assume this is the question everyone is asking about. Seems we have a choice... or is this something else?

I was able to tether the stock droid using the master setting.

captdroid

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, I am able to tether gnex to stock og droid, but not to my rom'ed og droid... must be something corrupted on it. It would attempt to connect but then drop after authentication.

Also, there is a setting on the wireless tether app for auto, master, or ad hoc... I assume this is the question everyone is asking about. Seems we have a choice... or is this something else?

I was able to tether the stock droid using the master setting.

That would be infrastructure (master setting in wireless tether app on the Galaxy Nexus)! The D1 would only offer up ad-hoc mode using wireless tether app (or any app for that matter, limitation with the hardware and wireless driver). Infrastructure mode can be used as a wireless source for any wireless device.

Last edited: