Wont hard reset

bobsdroidx

Reaction score
the Theme i installed isnt loading up properly. Im unable to get to bootstrap regardless of what i do. I followed the how to on the Hard reset and it wont reset the phone. chose the option wipe data/factory reset. Hit yes and says its done. It then loads up fine but it brings me to the main screen where the theme i installed wont load. Really my question is why wont the phone hard reset.

doing a data/factory reset doesn't change the system folder, which is what the theme modified. You're going to have to roll back to a backup that you (hopefully) made. If not, you'll have to install a ROM that will work. You can always mount the sd card while in recovery and push a new rom/zip to it and then install it to get back if you don't have a backup.

the problem is the backup i made and saved to the sd card didnt actually save so i have nothing to load onto the phone. So I have to find another ROM that hopefully works. transfer it to the sd card then run it from there? as of now I cant get it to load past the Black screen with Motorola logo.

Last edited:
all I can do is power on the phone and it sits at the motorola screen and i cant do anything. Or hold the home button and power button to access the android recovery. But even from there i cant access anything to install a new rom. Im completely lost right now

all I can do is power on the phone and it sits at the motorola screen and i cant do anything. Or hold the home button and power button to access the android recovery. But even from there i cant access anything to install a new rom. Im completely lost right now
anyone????

anyone????

time for an sbf (as long as you're running 2.2 android)

check my sig

anyone????

check my sig
Thanks alot. Im gonna try this right now. Hopefully it works.

check my sig

If you made a clockwork backup and can get to the clockworkmod recovery then you may be able to flash that as well. That is to say, if you have koushs bootstrap installed
I do have bootstrap installed. The problem was i couldnt get past the motorola logo to do anything. only to android recovery which wouldnt let me load anything. Or else i would have flashed the backup it made. Although when i was able to get to bootstrap from the beginning i couldnt find the recovery file. I dont think it saved for one reason or another.

Either way I followed your how to and in less then 20 mins got the phone working like it was out of the box.

If you made a clockwork backup and can get to the clockworkmod recovery then you may be able to flash that as well. That is to say, if you have koushs bootstrap installed
I do have bootstrap installed. The problem was i couldnt get past the motorola logo to do anything. only to android recovery which wouldnt let me load anything. Or else i would have flashed the backup it made. Although when i was able to get to bootstrap from the beginning i couldnt find the recovery file. I dont think it saved for one reason or another.

Either way I followed your how to and in less then 20 mins got the phone working like it was out of the box.

I'm really happy to hear it worked for you! :D

Now I know it was at least worth my time

I'm really happy to hear it worked for you! :D

Now I know it was at least worth my time
Yes it was worth your time lol. Saved me from buying another droid. Now i know if something messes up i can get back to a fresh start.

Back