Wow, CLNR = Terrible!

pjkump

Reaction score
Now I totally understand where people are coming from when they complain about signal issues. My first Nexus, purchased in Dec, was awesome until it conked out on me a week ago. I received a new CLNR overnight and thought it was okay but having it for a week I now know how bad this phone can be. Several times an hour this phone loses signal and goes to Zero bars for several minutes while it tries to reconnect. Phone calls, internet, and texting are not possible when it does this. It gets so bad that sometimes I cannot do anything for up to 10 minutes. The battery will not last a half a day even when the screen is off and the phone is in my pocket. GRRR!!! I almost threw it across Home Depot on Saturday in frustration while trying to call my wife. I had to call Verizon again and they are shipping another CLNR overnight so we'll see how that one is. Wish me luck because if this continues I cannot handle it.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keep trying. I'll be on my 3rd replacement Wednesday.

My first one was great until my data went out for 48 hours and needed to be replaced, then that one would only connect EVDO, my 2nd replacement the earpiece and mic don't work unless on speakerphone. If I get another bum one, I'm demanding a credit on my bill. Love the phone, but at least inspect these CLNRs.

Last edited:
OP
P

pjkump

Reaction score
What happened to the first one? did it just stopped working ?

Yes, I have another post about it but basically I tried to flash 4.0.4 radios for the heck of it (thinking it might help on the rare occasion 4G was not coming in) and it got stuck on the Google logo. I tried every suggestion in several posts but could not get the phone to do anything. I should have just left well enough alone but I will learn from that mistake. :)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have another post about it but basically I tried to flash 4.0.4 radios for the heck of it (thinking it might help on the rare occasion 4G was not coming in) and it got stuck on the Google logo. I tried every suggestion in several posts but could not get the phone to do anything. I should have just left well enough alone but I will learn from that mistake. :)

You probably got a bad download and flashed bad radios. Got to check the MD5 sum.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

You probably got a bad download and flashed bad radios. Got to check the MD5 sum.
Agree with syndicate. It is extremely important you check the md5 sum to make sure you have a good download. It may seem like a pain to do one extra step, but it's better than a fancy paperweight and waiting for a replacement.

OP
P

pjkump

Reaction score
Cross my fingers/knock on wood/etc, but I think I finally got a good one. Three days of use and it is working flawlessly so far. Even got the 4.0.4 update and everything is running smoothly. :biggrin: