X2 Eclipse + Pull-down widgets

TH3BR3ViG

Reaction score
I'm brand new to the ROM game, I first flashed the pull-down/notification bar widget add-on rom, and that has been working really nicely. I then found Eclipse, flashed it, and I saw how amazing IT was. However, I noticed that it removed the custom pull-down bar with the toggles, so I re-flashed the toggle addon ROM, and it added the toggles to Eclipse, but it removed some of the icons and custom settings/colors from Eclipse. is there any way I can have both flashed, but have an Eclipse notification bar + toggles? I saw someone talk about something like that, but I can't remember where I saw it >.<

myriad46

Reaction score
What version of Eclipse did you flash, because the current one 8.1 (based on 2.3.3) and 1.1 (based on 2.3.4) both have the pulldown toggles. Also, I wanted to help you out a little with your terminology. A 'ROM' typically refers to the whole operating system that is being 'flashed' onto a phone. The developers take an existing framework, make their modifications to it, and then you can flash it on to your phone. The pull-down/notification .zip that you flashed could be considered a 'Mod'. The way that mod, and most others work, is they take one piece of the original Rom, modify it and when you flash it, it is simply replacing the other one. The piece of the ROM that holds the notification pull-down contains a lot of other stuff, so if it was written on a prior build of Eclipse, it will revert those pieces till then.

The best idea would be to get a more current version of Eclipse that includes those pieces.

OP
T

TH3BR3ViG

Reaction score
Ok, well now my X2 is boot-looping, and clockwork recovery isn't booting up with the device when plugged into the wall. Is there anything I can do to re-flash the eclipse I have on my SD card? I don't know how to work the boot options other than (after holding the power button and volume down) with Android Recovery. The formatting and delting of cache does nothing, and when I try to "apply" eclipse on that, it aborts the operation.

rustymcbain

Reaction score
Its very east to fix and I'm not at my pc so I don't have a link but what you need to do is pretty much start over. You'll need a couple of things you can Google them and find multiple download links.

Rsdlite its a windows program that will flash the sbf file.

You need the Motorola drivers for your PC.. 64 or 32 what ever your rocking.

Then you can find either sbf file ..2.3.3 would be best.

More than likely they will be all together in the same thread with detailed instructions.

These moto droids are almost brick proof just don't kill your battery. Cuz it won't charge if its looping.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk