4.3 update available

kunzy

Reaction score
Just checked and it says that update is ready not sure I want to... this is for Verizon

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I updated over the weekend and it seems to be running well - adds a few features from the Note 3 but for the most part, I think it is "under the hood" stuff for 4.3 ;)...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The big one for me is, you can move apps to the SD card. I've found that my N2 stays snappier when it has 1.5GB free internal memory. Over all a very nice update, except of course "air command" I really wanted that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checked and it says that update is ready not sure I want to... this is for Verizon

If you're concerned about broken features, bugs that cause your phone to become frustrating at best or anything like that, Verizon/Samsung seem to have used their tardiness in release time to eliminate the glitches that showed up in the initial S4 upgrade.
The things I've noticed have been better screen resolution, snappier performance, etc and the only real rub for me is the boot up logo now is Verizon in hospital sterile white .blah
Some menus are different in their layout, the Verizon location service toggle and standalone GPS are now merged and I can drop multi window apps on top of multi window apps. No open the same app twice, like the Note3 and no s pen wheel but the icon at the center of the multi window screen is like the Note8 now.
I'm glad I updated mine. With my HTC devices it always seemed a 1 step forward but 2 steps backward with each update.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

MacLeod

Reaction score
Updated kine a few hours ago and I'm loving it. It seems a little snappier and the new icons look cool. I've found a couple nifty features but they may have been there before and I never noticed like being able to change fonts. So yeah, no problems and a nice refresh of the usual bells and whistles.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

BackBlue

Reaction score
Trying to root my Galaxy Note 2, but after using Odin to install root66_VZW_stock_system.tar.md5, my phone won't boot. It shows the initial Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (white on black) text, but then goes black. Where can I get the legit system image file for Verizon 1605 4.3? I have seen several sites that feature tons of spyware, trojans, "uploaders", etc. -- I just want to get the file. Anyone know where I can find it?