Anyone here upgrade from the regular Razr to the Razr HD?

JSMachine

Reaction score
I've had my regular Razr for about 2.5 years now. I have been very happy with the phone and it has done pretty much everything I could ask. I have the chance to pick up a Razr HD. This is the regular version, not the maxx, although I wish it was because I am constantly fighting battery life.

The only reason I would upgrade is because I need a newer phone, and I would like to have a backup 4g phone in case I ever need it. The HD in question was built in May of this year, and is in great shape. The person that has it tried to switch to Droid from apple stuff and can't get used to it. They want $125.

After asking a few questions over a couple of days, I have a few more I was hoping you all might be able to help with.

1. How important is the ability to upgrade the software on these phones? I understand that these phones will be staying on whatever they are currently on..no more upgrades. Should this really concern me? How could it affect me?

2. Is there really any benefit to upgrading to a HD from my current regular model? What will I get with the HD that I don't have now?

I am buying outright to be able to stay on unlimited data. I'm not signing anymore contracts and I want to be sure I stay up to speed (at least for the most part) with current technology. I don't know what other phones are out there that may be better. The last thing i want to do is spend the money on this phone when it will be wortless in a few months (if that is a possibility).

I have until tomorrow to decide, so any imput would be appreciated.

The razr has only been around for 23 months, so your phone is not as old as you think.. The hd has a bigger screen but has on screen buttons so that will take up some screen.
The hd overall has better specs.
If the price is right go for it :)

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk

I upgraded from the razr xt910 to xt925 ....the batttery is awesome and its faster especially if you install a rom like beanstalk . i just did and that made me want to keep this phone even longer. so yeah i dont know about updates on official firmare but theres people that work on roms that are even better.

I upgraded from the razr xt910 to xt925 ....the batttery is awesome and its faster especially if you install a rom like beanstalk . i just did and that made me want to keep this phone even longer. so yeah i dont know about updates on official firmare but theres people that work on roms that are even better.

How come I cant go further than 4.1.2? I have the Droid Razr HD.

What i hate is that I can't play vice city on the RAZR hd

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Back