Anyone waiting for ICS too?

Reaction score
Been rooted for a while but still rocking stock ROM. Been tempted to change but it's working good as is. Anxious to see what ICS ROMS will do, though.

Sent to today from yesterday using tomorrow's technology.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Nah, ICS looks boring. I was thinking about trying to port 1.5 to the Incredible 2. lol

Really though, ICS is awesome and is getting there with some of the devs, but there are some big kinks to work out still. The builds run OK, but there are missing features and lots of bugs) I think it may be a month before we see a fully functional build (hopefully we can even get there, but I have faith). I am interested to see how much of ICS gets hidden by Sense in the phones that will get an official upgrade as there may be ports from other devices. Of the big 3 manufacturers, I see Motorola as being the one most likely to leave the majority of ICS intact. I would hold that same opinion even if Motorola were not being acquired by Google. HTC, I am afraid, will just slap Sense on it hiding everything that is ICS just using the framework as a base, without any major overhaul -- like it seems Samsung is doing. Let's hope I am wrong and they bring Sense and ICS together in a subtle but sleek way. The manufacturer skins will determine which route I go with my next device.

ksalce

Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else but honestly I'm not really impressed by ICS. There's been alot of hype about it and I think it actually looks pretty ugly in my opinion. Also the new features arent really that big of a deal either (face unlock, swipe notifications, ect). I'm not sure if it'll perform alot better than gingerbread as I havent been able to use a good enough build to know for sure but as of right now I'm not impressed at all by ICS and am in no rush to update. If I do update, I will hope that skins will be available to flash as the default ics skin is hideous. This is just my opinion though so I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone lol.

Last edited:

ABQNM

Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else but honestly I'm not really impressed by ICS. There's been alot of hype about it and I think it actually looks pretty ugly in my opinion. Also the new features arent really that big of a deal either (face unlock, swipe notifications, ect). I'm not sure if it'll perform alot better than gingerbread as I havent been able to use a good enough build to know for sure but as of right now I'm not impressed at all by ICS and am in no rush to update.

Yeah there are a few things that bug me like the white contacts background and a few other minor ui issues, but for the most part the changes were needed. Sure face unlock I could care less about. There are just a lot of those little changes that bugged me in previous versions. Sure it is not revolutionary, but it is a good solid evolution.

Also, having used it on a Nexus S stock 2.3.7 vs 4.0.1 was much snappier and just all-around seemed to perform better. I did not have really any issues but I was using it before flash was on 4.0. On the same device it made about the same difference as 2.1 to 2.2 when JIT was introduced.

The alpha builds (you can call them beta all you want but they are close but not ready for beta) for the incredible 2 are coming along but are running slower than GB a bit still with graphics. I think it will be a good improvement once we have an easy way to theme. I don't mind modding apks so I may be able to fix a few UI things, the rest I would need to actually start compiling my own kang, but I probably won't do that.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.