AOL on Droid x

Jake Benson

Reaction score
I have 4 AOL addresses that I use on my computer. With the Droid x, I have them signed up but can never tell which user name I am using. Plus, how do you separate the different inbox messages from each other? It all seems a jumbled mess. I never know which inbox I am in, and I can't tell which username I am sending an email from.

If anyone is familiar with aol on the droid x, please help! Also, can my address book from aol be transferred to the droid x?

TheJester34

Reaction score
If you go to accounts and tap your email address, then go under general setting, you can change the name of each email account so you know which one you're dealing with. I don't know about the address book, though

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to be using K9 or some other email client. The stock email client is limited in features and potentially very buggy. With K9 (free from market) you can set up your accounts so that each flashes a different notification color and plays a different sound. You can also see the inboxes all together (colorcoded) or separately.

As for transfering contacts from AOL to Google...Let me google that for you

TheJester34

Reaction score
^^^I haven't had a problem with the stock one. I also don't care about customizing anything. Just want my mail. Though that is good advice. Maybe OP would like K9 better

OP
J

Jake Benson

Reaction score
aol droid x

Thanks for the info. I am a rookie with the droid x and smart phones in general. There is a lot to learn.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's stay OT please....

cpinto

Reaction score
Let's stay OT please....

It's amazing how the mods here will delete a post so quickly because it varied from the topic slightly.

I've enjoyed this forum, but deleting posts is wrong unless is contained improper content.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's stay OT please....

It's amazing how the mods here will delete a post so quickly because it varied from the topic slightly.

I've enjoyed this forum, but deleting posts is wrong unless is contained improper content.

Personal opinion of the service the op is using does not help answer the question.

cpinto

Reaction score
Let's stay OT please....

Personal opinion of the service the op is using does not help answer the question.

True, but some of the comments that people add to a thread, even though a little off topic, are what make these forums interesting.

My post was not critical of their service at all. It just took me down memory lane for a minute as I remembered the day of AOL Dialup, Compuserve, and my favorite, Prodigy.

Lots of history there. They were the pioneers of online forums.

The OP brought up AOL, and I made a little addition to the discussion.

Please don't ruin this forum by deleting items so quickly.

Craig