App Access

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Should I worry about what Apps are needing access to when chosing to install? Like Laucher Pro, Read gmail and sms or mms msg, full internet access, browser history and book mark and calendar data, storage, services that cost you money??, system tools. Just seems odd, that is has access to all of that, but I see alot of people on here rave about the app and use it. So is there malicious stuff that can be done from a program having access like that, does the maker get info back on stuff from my phone?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope. system tools has to access all that info bc it does the battery info (what services are running)

ive only seen one report of a malicious app (music player that was sending premium rate texts (still, it was in Russia mostly)) so i think youre ok

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Cool thanks, I really want to try the laucher pro just little hesitant when I saw that big list of what it wanted access to.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its a completely different home, it needs all those permissions

if it makes u feel any better, i use it :)

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I installed it, going to check it out now.

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well like it so far, just one thing though my memory available jumped from usually around 100mb or so to 250mb. Not that I am complaining just wondering does it handle things that much better than stock home launcher?