App Drawer

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
I am a person that gets the free apps from Amazon just because there free and maybe I will use it maybe not. Well this means I have alot of apps.

I dont know if anyone else is having the same issue with the stock drawer like I am but figured I would ask. When I open it with the stock it takes forever or stalls. But if I use Go Launcher its fine.

I feel like its the Blur that is causing it but like I said just wondering.

pastorgadget

Reaction score
Yes, it seems to be a Blur on Gingerbread issue. The devs know better than I, but I suspect that Blur is not caching the app icons as efficiently as the 3rd-party launchers are. That sluggishness in the app drawer is pushing me toward setting up ADW like I had it on my D2G.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

VulgarCynic

Reaction score
I don't notice this issue. I have had refresh problems though when I've done multiple installs with a large uptime, > 3 days. One thing to note with Amazons AOTD's is that you can do is "purchase" the app and cancel once it prompts for install. The app will still be tied to your Amazon account and they allow unlimited downloads so you can avoid the bloat. Not a solution by any means but definitely a workaround.

REMilk

Reaction score
I browse and 'purchase' apps (including free ones) from Amazon on my PC. When and if I want to install them, I grab them from my Droid. This saves me from going through the steps of downloading, installing and uninstalling when I do not want an app immediately.

Tepes

Reaction score
I actually purchase them and then when it is ready to install, I just hit cancel. That way I have it, but not installed.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2