ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Source Code Arrives Before the Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sourcecode_thumb.png

ASUS generously released the source code to their upcoming Eee Pad Transformer, ahead of the actually release of the product into the retail market. This is great news for developers and tweakers in general. It would be nice if other companies would follow suit. You can get the source code yourself over at ASUS official site. Just hit the Download tab after you go to the above link. Kudos to ASUS for supporting the Android fans properly!

Source: Android.net via AndroidPolice

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
... This is great news for developers and tweakers in general. It would be nice if other companies would follow suit. You can get the source code yourself over at ASUS official site. Just hit the Download tab after you go to the above link. Kudos to ASUS for supporting the Android fans properly! ...

This is a great marketing ploy. While other manuf's are locking down and not releasing their code, Asus is releasing the code prior to launch. It's definitely a great try to get the dev community to jump ship to them, because we all want freedom and openness, which we may not get from the big three in the future (Moto, HTC, and Samsung).

ViolentSage

Reaction score
I agree with bazar, this is an awesome marketing tactic. They just ensured that they will be the first stop for modders/hackers. Anyone that doesn't want to deal with motorola and their bull****

from beyond the rabbit hole

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It works for me, I want an Transformer even more now! Good Job.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unlocked or not, I think a detachable or slide-out keyboard is huge for tablets. I'm really interested in this device, plus ASUS laptops have gotten good reviews.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Unlocked or not, I think a detachable or slide-out keyboard is huge for tablets. I'm really interested in this device, plus ASUS laptops have gotten good reviews.

My thoughts exactly. I don't even need one but I kinda want one, lol.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I have Asus gaming laptop. Its great. When I found out they are coming out with a tablet I'm already sold on it. This just makes me want it more. I was gonna get a xoom but I think I'm gonna wait now. Ugghhh .... I hate waitting ...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk