Auto on/off Wi-fi APP

rbres15

Reaction score
Is there an app that automatically turns off your wi-fi when the phone senses there is none there, and turns it back on when it finds a wi-fi source.

I currently have auto-wi-fi on, but all that seems to do is alert me that wi-fi is available, it doesn't actually shut off my wi-fi when i leave a wi-fi source.

Check out an app called Llama. It might be able to help you out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Your wifi only comes on for a short period every so often to check for a signal, its not running 24/7 when its not connected.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

i was thinking it would drain my battery if it was left on. are you saying it more or less shuts off by itself if it cant find a wi-fi source?

why not just use the power control widget or a wifi widget on the homescreen to turn it off.

by default when the phone is not connected to a wifi network it scans for wifi connections every 15 seconds so if your going to be out of a wifi area i would reccomend turning it off. if your using a custom rom most of those have the scan interval changed to 90 or 120 seconds.

i was thinking it would drain my battery if it was left on. are you saying it more or less shuts off by itself if it cant find a wi-fi source?
I leave WiFI on. It does not drain my battery. If in doubt, do some real world testing for yourself.

Also, search/Google "WiFi sleep policy".

Is there an app that automatically turns off your wi-fi when the phone senses there is none there, and turns it back on when it finds a wi-fi source.
It can't "sense" that WiFi is there without actually turning on WiFi. It would have periodically check. Set the interval too frequent and you might adversely affect battery life.

Last edited:
Back