Backups not working

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
Backups not working

This may be a little long and I apologize but I want to provide as much detail as I can so that hopfuly some one may be able to help.

I flashed the new MIUI rom today going from the new Virtuous rom, I just wanted to try out the miui rom. I did a backup of V a few days ago
with CWR so I was not worried about switching roms. When I was on miui I had no root privileges and all my apps that need a root to work
could not find the root, Rom manager did not work at all. So I wanted to use my back up of Virtuous and go back to that rom.

I booted in to recovery and wiped every thing then installed my backup. Every thing looked fine and I tried to reboot, The phone just hung on the splash screen
never booting all the way. I had to pull the batt. and i tried a few diffent backups with the same results. I ended up having to aply the Virtuous rom from the zip on my
sd card and that worked. Does anyone know why this happened and a way I can fix it. Here are a few changes I have done to the phone in the past few days

New sd card sandisk 32g, moved all content to new card.
added a different splash screen
new bootanimation
new down animation

I am not sure if any of that caused this to happen. Any help would be great.

What version of clockwork recovery are you on? Did you try flashing cwr again in Rom manager before you restored the backup? You can also try flashing alternate recovery on the bottom of rm and then flash clockwork recovery in Rom manager right after.

Could also be a problem with sdcard or that things didn't copy over correctly or were corrupted.

Sent from my ADR6350

Updating CWR worked! Thank you for the input.

Back