Batteries and Chargers questions

baldybill

Reaction score
I've relocated to an area that sometimes has power outages for a day or 2.
This has me concerned about my Gnex.

1. Is there a battery (AAA, 9-volt, lantern battery, you-name-it) powered charger I can get for the Gnex?
2. Is there another way to charge it during a power outage?
3. Should I get a regular spare battery? The 2100 extended spare battery? Or Seidio's 3300 battery?
4. Whichever batter I get, is there a charger for it that I can use to keep the spare charged?

henderjl

Reaction score
Suggest you get a USB battery pack. There are many sizes available. U can also charge your phone in the car.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have a usb battery pack and it's helped me more times than I can count already. That's one of your best bets tbh.

Dockmaster

Reaction score
A good emergency back up for your home is an automotive jumpstart battery powerpack. Get one with the cigarette lighter plug built in and use a car telephone charger with it. They hold a charge for months and can be bought cheaply at Sears, Walmart, Lowes and many other retailers. I keep one in my home, a liveaboard sailboat, for emergency communications.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
I have a usb battery pack and it's helped me more times than I can count already. That's one of your best bets tbh.

Which one do you have/recommend?
Any thoughts on the solar ones?

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
A good emergency back up for your home is an automotive jumpstart battery powerpack. Get one with the cigarette lighter plug built in and use a car telephone charger with it. They hold a charge for months and can be bought cheaply at Sears, Walmart, Lowes and many other retailers. I keep one in my home, a liveaboard sailboat, for emergency communications.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Which one do you have/recommend?