Battery help

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this post is for my sister in law actually. I have a Droid and she is the one with the Ally. I am just the hacker in the family and love my rooted Droid, but she wanted me to ask you all for some help.

She is having major issue with the battery life on the phone. Something to do with the cell standby?? Googled a couple things and got an idea what the issue is so let me go through that and see if you all can help.

She has tried the airplane mode method of turning on AM and then rebooting phone.

She has tried the preferred network fix where you change to CDMA/GSM Auto. She said that when it is is in only the CDMA Auto she gets best battery life. However on other forums and blogs they state that the best mode is CDMA/GSM Auto. Now correct me if I am wrong but being on Verizon GSM is pointless, well unless she travels internationally, but that's not the case... Right?

Those are the two methods I have been able to fish up. Is there a better way to apply one of those that has been proven to work?? Is there another fix?? Is she just crazy??? lol :) Nah really any help would be great. I know I learned all my ways with android using this site and you all are great for help.

Thanks again.

AllySteve

Reaction score
Hello,
I've only had my Ally for a week and a half, but I noticed the battery life for the first couple days was horrible. I decided to let it run the battery down until the phone shut down, then recharge it fully. I did this twice and it seems to have improved battery life significantly. I also went to Settings/Accounts &Sync and turned Background Data off. This stops apps from constantly sending and retrieving data over the network. So far I'm able to get a couple days of battery life between charges.

I'm not sure, but I think letting the phone discharge fully and recharge fully will help calibrate the battery level indicator.

Hope this helps.
-Steve

OP
wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've only had my Ally for a week and a half, but I noticed the battery life for the first couple days was horrible. I decided to let it run the battery down until the phone shut down, then recharge it fully. I did this twice and it seems to have improved battery life significantly. I also went to Settings/Accounts &Sync and turned Background Data off. This stops apps from constantly sending and retrieving data over the network. So far I'm able to get a couple days of battery life between charges.

I'm not sure, but I think letting the phone discharge fully and recharge fully will help calibrate the battery level indicator.

Hope this helps.
-Steve

Thanks. I appreciate the response. I will pass this to her and see if it can help her.. Thanks again

JIannetta

Reaction score
I just got my Ally yesterday and today I noticed my battery was very bad. I'm going to try some of the stuff suggested and see if that makes a difference. Thanks guys!