Battery icon has a qusstion mark on it ?

elliex3

Reaction score
I just got my droid razr less than a month ago for christmas and so far i havent had any problems with it. but today it randomly turned off and when i plugged it into the charger it wouldnt turn back on until i had to reboot it. now it says it has a full battery but the battery icon on th top of the screen is white ans has a question mark on it. I've seen others say this means the battery is not from motorla, but the battery doesnt come out of my phone at all and i havent done anything to it since i bought it from the verizon store. it is really freaking me out so what should i do??

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If it persists, do a warranty return. I'm almost positive it means the phone can't read the battery percentage. You can try wiping the battery stats to see if that helps. I'd run you through the steps but I'm not exactly how to do it on your phone. I'm sure someone will come along that knows how to do it and will run you through it step by step. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Are you using the motorola supplied charger? If not, you should be.

Turn off the phone and plug it in to charge. Once it is fully charged, turn it back on THEN unplug it. See if that helps.

If not, then it is possible that battery is bad. Since it is less than a month old take it back to Verizon ASAP. (Assuming it was purchased there)

David

yaterml

Reaction score
I hate to say this phone is fine battery is bad. There is a chip board in the Batteries as required by the Federal Government that protects the battery and phone that icon usually 99% of the time means that the phone is unable to communicate with the battery. You may be able to use it now but eventually it will get to the point that as soon as you unplug it, it will shut down.

Laureanne

Reaction score
I have had this happen several times when th ebattery is totally drained. If you plug the phone in with an OEM charger and leave it overnight, it charges and is fine.