Battery Issue

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I've only had this phone since January, and it seemed to have good battery life (10-12 hrs). But now I'm lucky to get 2-3 hrs out of it. I did have a app killer, but I uninstalled it. I charge the battery every night. I don't think I overuse my phone (a few calls, some txt, email if I'm out and about). I don't have a lot of excess programs installed. Anyone have any ideas?

VoicesofGusto

Reaction score
How bright do you keep your screen? Do you have your bluetooth/GPS/wi-fi turned off when you aren't using them?

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
How bright do you keep your screen? Do you have your bluetooth/GPS/wi-fi turned off when you aren't using them?

The screen brightness is at about 50%. I don't use bluetooth on this phone, the wi-fi is used on occcasion, and is turned off when not in use, and as for GPS, Verizon and Google Location Services are checkmarked.......is there a certain on that should be used over the other, or not at all??

VoicesofGusto

Reaction score
The screen brightness is probably your biggest problem - I have mine set at 0% and I still need to recharge the phone every night. Is there a reason why you have it set so high?

Also, do you use your location services often? If not, you could find some apps that make it easy to toggle GPS on/off from your homescreen so you can save battery life and still maintain some convenience.

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
The screen brightness is probably your biggest problem - I have mine set at 0% and I still need to recharge the phone every night. Is there a reason why you have it set so high?

Also, do you use your location services often? If not, you could find some apps that make it easy to toggle GPS on/off from your homescreen so you can save battery life and still maintain some convenience.

Not really, I believe it was set on that when I got the phone. I'll set it to 0% and see if that helps. Is it necessary to have the GPS locations checked on the phone or can I leave those blank?

VoicesofGusto

Reaction score
You can have those boxes checked; they only matter when you actually have the GPS turned on.

VoicesofGusto

Reaction score
Pull down your status bar from the top of the screen. There should be five buttons along the top, and the fourth one looks like a satellite dish. If that one is highlighted then your GPS is on - just tap it to turn it back off.

VoicesofGusto

Reaction score
Alright - just try running your screen at 0% brightness for a couple days and see if you notice a difference in your battery life.

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!! :)

Other than the battery issues, do you like the Vortex?

VoicesofGusto

Reaction score
It's my first smartphone, so I don't have much to compare it to. My biggest peeves about it are that (1) it was installed with bloatware up the wazoo, and (2) it runs to slow to even handle Angry Birds correctly. But, it's one of those "get what you pay for" things I guess.

jd509ify

Reaction score
thanks guys, first smartphone. but batterie time is bammer. not now

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums