BE WARNED! Samsung glass replacement!!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Hey everyone! So, I have had my S4 for quite awhile. It has been cracked for about a year now, and I decided....I can fix this!!

So, I went on eBay and find a kit.
It arrived, and I watched a few YouTube videos to see the procedure. There were NO INSTRUCTIONS!

Got the hair dryer out, got an old S4 to try getting the glass off. This phone was not as important.

AND....I pulled the digitizer apart!! :/

So, I learned I went to fast and not enough heat. ROUND 2!

So I get the glass off of my device, and it looks good! Start cleaning the extra glue off......

4 HOURS later.....glue keeps getting on digitizer, cannot seem to get it clean...
Finally, I get it ready to glue new screen on!! :)

NOW, the case must have been slightly warped, and I kept having issues getting all the air out! ;(

FINALLY!! 6 HOURS into the project, I get it set and perfect!!! Little TO LATE, I learned you need UV light to harden the glue! Well, I make a trip to Wal-Mart because it says the have them...in stock. Get to the store, NOTHING!

So, I buy a clamp light to hold a blacklight bulb, cook my phone for two hours...moving occasionally.

Finally...all fixed! This was a NIGHTMARE!!! I am good at things like this...And this was VERY HARD, and tedious! The glue gets everywhere, the camera on the front got gooped.

IF YOUR GOING TO ATTEMPT THIS

You must be very patient and still handed, and not rush at all!! Take all the parts you can out, and clean the glass where the camera and sensors go, before hardening. I say pay the $150, and save yourself the heartache!

The good news is besides cracked plastic on the sides, my phone is like new again!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like it would be easier to replace the glass and digitizer as a single unit.

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes, it would be @Jeffrey but unfortunately the way the build this phone is crazy! The digitizer is glued or stuck to the bezel plastic..And this was my first time

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Does that mean you have enough experience now to attempt it again in the future? ;)
Can I do it again.....yes!

Do I want to do it again........

HELL NO!!

I would rather take a hammer to it! XD