Bionic on Cricket

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
So I have my sister's Droid Bionic flashed to Cricket but she hasn't activated it yet. One thing I find interesting is as of right now even though it's not activated she can browse the web over the 3G network :blink:. I flashed my Droid 4 but it doesn't let me browse the web over 3G. I'm waiting to activate my Droid 4 because I'm on the $45 plan and need iptables support in the kernel which hasn't been released yet. Dang locked bootloaders :mad: ...anyway.

View attachment 49138

Last edited:

tieman123

Reaction score
I have a Touch Pro that i haven't had used in a few years. Yet when I boot it up I can still surf 3g. And I've activated at least 5 other phones since I quit using it. Since it authenticates you on the network via your credentials it works for Web.

So I have my sister's Droid Bionic flashed to Cricket but she hasn't activated it yet. One thing I find interesting is as of right now even though it's not activated she can browse the web over the 3G network :blink:. I flashed my Droid 4 but it doesn't let me browse the web over 3G. I'm waiting to activate my Droid 4 because I'm on the $45 plan and need iptables support in the kernel which hasn't been released yet. Dang locked bootloaders :mad: ...anyway.

View attachment 49138

bionicmike

Reaction score
hey xsylus, what programs/zip downloads did you use to flash your sister's phone? just got a bionic from a friend (he went to iphone) and I'm looking to switch it to cricket, but I'm a total noob to flashing. I've been looking all over threads here and at places like cricketusers.com and xda developers, and it seems like stuff for the Bionic is pretty new, and it's been tough to find answers. If you could help point me towards some threads or links that are helpful, that would be great. everything I have tried following so far has taken me to other phones or versions, like the samsung epic or the droid 4 (like you have).

My phone is totally stock, running ICS (from what I have read), version 6.7.246, with Android 4.0.4. If you would help point a newb in the right direction, it would be really appreciated.

I hope I can learn as much as all you guys seem to know about working these things!