boot loader 30.04 code corrupt

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I am trying to revert to stock. I made sure the USB debugging feature was on, then went to RSD light and flash this file:MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01.sbf. When it went to the reboot process, it started to loop. I then was able to get to the boot loader screen and got this code corrupt.

Any ideas what I can do from this point? Am I forever bricked?

Thanks so much,

Jim

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No biggie...
Are you using the stock moto cable?
If so try flashing the sbf again...
It try a new download/different version... Like the 602 instead of 596

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I am trying to revert to stock. I made sure the USB debugging feature was on, then went to RSD light and flashed this file:MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01.sbf. When it went to the reboot process, it started to loop. I then was able to get to the boot loader screen and got a note it failed because of code corrupt.

Any ideas what I can do from this point? Am I forever bricked?

Thanks so much,

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
thank you so much for getting back to me. I may have found an answer to the problem. My battery was extremely low. I understand in boot loader the battery will not charge. I have a fully charged battery at home which I will bring in tomorrow and try again. If that doesn't work I will be back in touch. I do have I think both 602 and 596 downloaded to my computer.

I will let you know.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds good... Hope it goes well...

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Nemo:

I changed out to a charged battery and was able to get back to the process. The 596 file would not start. The 602 file works fine until it gets to the point where it tells me to manually power up the phone. However, the phone is still looping in the reboot process.

I downloaded the most recent drivers. Was able to run the 596 file. Same result.

What now Oz?

I really appreciate your help.

Jim

Savagerun

Reaction score
If your sbf made it all the way thru and is just bootlooping in the end just do a factory reset in stock recovery. It's common to bootloop after you sbf. Just pull out the battery and put it back in then press your home hardkey button and hold it in. Next press and hold in your power button. Continue holding in both buttons till you see a triangle on the screen then release the buttons. Next press both volume buttons in at the same time. That will get you in stock recovery. Then just scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and select it with your power button. Then select yes to wipe data and when that's done also wipe cache partition. Then just select reboot system. That should do it unless im misunderstanding what's going on.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
That did it! My thanks to both you and Nemo. This forum is so valuable.

Jim

Savagerun

Reaction score
Your welcome, we're glad you got it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
your welcome... Glad to hear it took

Post script: thanks for pinch hitting savage...haha