boot logo: ugly "M"

meetoo

Reaction score
so.. has there been any new development in changing the moto logo at startup? I've searched and tried everything i can find but no success. Is this possible on the X2 yet? im thinking not possible because of locked bootloader? Thoughts?

rooted 2.3.4
CWM zips dont work
cant find logo.bin on phone with root explorer

thanks for looking

litetaker

Reaction score
Custom ROMs such as Liberty and Eclipse change that boot logo. So, I believe it should be possible. Give one of those ROMs a try. They improve your phone's performance and give you much needed relief from the crappy M logo! :)

MrGibbins

Reaction score
I'm running Eclipse v1.3 and it still has the moto dual core logo. Only the boot animation is changed (no Droid eye). I do agree, performance is way better than stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I have not seen where its possible to change the logo, many programs change the animation. I'm sure ill get bored one day and try to change it possibly brick, but ill have a PC ready to sbf

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

infantry667

Reaction score
Good news guys, there is a way and it works flawlessly. I have used it several times and it is literally impossible to brick it using this method. The worst that can happen is you will just have a blank screen instead of a boot logo until the boot animation starts to cycle. I will post links momentarily.

Sent from my hulkified X2

infantry667

Reaction score
Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1187337

This method is for the ATRIX 4g BUT it works just the same and as well on the X2 and most likely a lot of other Motorola devices. I have done it several times. If you find the instructions in the OP confusing just look through the comments and find a more "understandable" set of instructions that someone has posted, it's in there somewhere but I know it will be easy for you guys to find.

Sent from my hulkified X2