Browser constantly reloads?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I've been noticing lately that after i'm browsing the web and switching apps for not even a minute,the web page almost ALWAYS reloads when i switch back to the browser.It's kinda annoying to have to wait another 20 seconds every time i exit the browser and come back.Anybody else experiencing this?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i noticed this too., but i just hit the stop button from it having to reload again.

doesn't bug me too much. I used to run Dolphin Browser and it never did that, but i switched back to stock browser since i ROMd

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, you don't have to wait for it to reload. I usually just hit bookmarks and go to where I really want to go.

And 20 seconds? On wifi it's maybe 5 seconds tops. If you wait for it. ;)

dclutter1

Reaction score
i noticed this too., but i just hit the stop button from it having to reload again.

doesn't bug me too much. I used to run Dolphin Browser and it never did that, but i switched back to stock browser since i ROMd

Dolphin HD does it too. I just noticed that it started doing it in the last few weeks. I've actually been meaning to look up an explanation for this because it has been getting annoying. Usually by the time I can hit stop, it has already reloaded enough to throw up a partially loaded (blank) page instead of staying on the already loaded one.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Mine has always done this as well, and I find it extremely annoying.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OS is garbage collecting the browser so when u switch back, the browser has to start again. That's my theory anyway. Dolphin hd seems to do this more than it used to. I've switched back to dolphin (not hd) and hope that someone steps up to the plate and makes a better tabbed browser. This is crazy.

Opera is ok, by the way.

marcm

Reaction score
I like dolphin and it works with Lastpass. The constant redraw annoys me though. I view my Yahoo hoe page in desktop version. Every time I scroll it redraws the entire page. Default browser does not do this and see no setting for it. There might be some about:config fix but I wishd I knew it.