Can sbf fix stock phone issues?

wildbill86

Reaction score
Ok, back story, from day one my d2g would reboot using the slide unlock about once a day. I tried rooting and freezing bloatware thinking maybe it was just overloading when the os was trying to open, guess I was wrong. I sbf'd back to stock last night, thinking of getting a replacement, but I don't like getting refurbs. It's only been a day, but the slide unlock hasn't rebooted me yet. Has anyone had this experience, and did sbfing fix it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Ok, back story, from day one my d2g would reboot using the slide unlock about once a day. I tried rooting and freezing bloatware thinking maybe it was just overloading when the os was trying to open, guess I was wrong. I sbf'd back to stock last night, thinking of getting a replacement, but I don't like getting refurbs. It's only been a day, but the slide unlock hasn't rebooted me yet. Has anyone had this experience, and did sbfing fix it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Looking at your situation i think there was some issue out of the box (probably due to some error at the factory or an error in set up) and a simple reset might have cleared your issues.... I do not think that a SBF would fix stock phone issue unless someone messed up earlier at the factory since there is no difference between what SBF does other than bringing it back to out of box condition....