Cannot Play Video

red22769

Reaction score
I just recently noticed that I cannot play any of the video clips I have saved on my Driod.

Used to play all with no issues.
Now I get the following error message:

Cannot Play Video
Sorry, this video cannot be played

Can someone help me figure out what happened? and get it fixed?

Thanks

bigthinker

Reaction score
Maybe you need an update? If you are not able to get it fixed, I would take it in.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work if your rooted try running fix permissions in your rom settings or if not a feature of the rom you can use rommanager then reboot again. If that still doesn't work then reboot into recovery and clear cache ( you can also use cache mate from the market*rooted phones only*). If that doesn't work then back up all apps with either astro file manager or titanium backup and then do a factory data reset. If that still does not work then smash your phone with a hammer (DISCLAIMER:I am not responsible if you actually smash your phone with a hammer). Take it to verizon after unrooting if necessary.

OSX2000

Reaction score
Let me guess, the last time the videos worked was before the Froyo update? If so, Stagefright (Android's new A/V decoder) is to blame.

Are you rooted? If so, it can be fixed.

Shelooga

Reaction score
i have not see a thread about this specific issue, so im looking for help. i had the blur camera installed. pics work fine. i can record video, but then when i go to play it, i get :Cannot Play Video. Sorry, this video cannot be played
youtube, older videos i recorded, etc, all work fine. i even changed the ones i recorded from .3gp to .mp4 and tried. no luck. so i removed the blur camera, installed the aosp one, and when i click record the camera force closes.
i have altered the framework for a theme of my own, and also messed with the build.prop, but i havent messed with any camera/resolution/recording settings.

any ideas??

i spent so much time themeing the framework that i really dont want to reinstall liberty, but i guess thats my only option left to try

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
You can pull the framework and then after you reinstall just push it back.

Shelooga

Reaction score
i know i just wanted to avoid reflashing. i did fix the problem, although im not 100% sure how. first, i downloaded a new camcorder program. it worked. so i removed the camera app, removed the downloaded camera app, removed root explorer, redownloaded the blur camera from liberty, redownloaded root explorer, and it works. no idea why, but it does so im happy.
pizza time!

tas914

Reaction score
When I try to play a video posted on a friend's Facebook page, I almost always get the error "Sorry, cannot play this video".

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Tom

NickWBurns

Reaction score
Are you using the facebook app or using the browser to look at it?

Sent through a bolt of thunder?

NickWBurns

Reaction score
Hmm I'm not sure, thought maybe if you were using the browser that could've caused, it but mine works fine using the app so I don't know the deal.

Sent through a bolt of thunder?