Cant update

AceDaPig

Reaction score
I tried updating to a new nightly of cmgb because my phone bugged out and started doing horrible things. The update failed and it wouldn't get passed the moto screen, so I used a boot disc for my computer to sbf(I can never get sbf to work) which got me back to froyo. Then I was able to try to use the update again, it failed, used the disc again. Now im at froyo. And can't even use the ota update to get to gingerbread, nor can I download it, name it update.zip and it takes it. It always give me an error. Should I just sbf using that disc again?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Dont quote me since I have not used it but I am pretty sure the boot disc does not change your radio which may be why the update fails. And I know you said you can never get it to work but I would try SBFing your phone. I just did it to my brother's D2 and was able to roll right into taking the OTA without any issues.

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
I've only gotten an sbf to work once, a long time ago, that's why I use that disc because I read it was just like an sbf for your phone.

Any tips on getting an actual sbf to work?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It does do the same thing minus the radio change. There is a really good guide on this site that has a great step by step. It is for aa Droid 1 but the steps are the same. I will try to find it real quick and link it for you.
Also you need to make sure you use the correct file. That I can not link you to as per regulations here. If you search for "mydroidworld triple threat" it has the stuff you need. Use the full sbf, not the system only one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
I understand the process, but I can never hit the Start button. It never lets me. The phone's connected, I've even tried booting into the bootloader and then trying again. No matter what I try it won't let me hit that damn start button

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Got an SBF to work,

Had the blue triangle in the notification bar

Now i'm unable to program my phone.

Says to call a 800 number from a landline

URGENT HELP PLEASE!

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Rebooted. tried *228 again, it worked this time, 3G just activated. But the SBF I don't think was successful, even though RSD lite said it was.

I booted right back into FROYO where I was before. All the same data and homescreens.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You should be on froyo. That's what you would need to be on to take the ota. And its like you had it before meaning the customizations and stuff you made were in place?

OP
A

AceDaPig

Reaction score
It worked, and I mean my messages were still available and my homescreens were at the same positions.

Also I was able to update to gingerbread.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well at least you were able to get up to gb. Not sure why that stuff was left behind though.