Change Kernal on ICS DROID RAZR MAXX

Sktlez

Reaction score
I am currently running ICS .211 OTA 4.0.4, and I am rooted using matt's utility 1.7. I want to change the kernal so that I can overclock my phone. Is their a way for me to do this without using a custom Rom?

If I cannot do it without using a custom rom can someone point me in the right direction on which rom I should use, and the best way to install it/accomplish this goal. I have never used a custom rom/kernal or safestrap/bootstrap.

NOTE: I have an android razr maxx.

Locked bootloader!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Utterly pointless post fyi.

I'm guessing that means I cannot change the kernel? would be nice if you would take the time to write out more than two words.

Utterly pointless post fyi.

I'm guessing that means I cannot change the kernel? would be nice if you would take the time to write out more than two words.

The Razr/Maxx, along with almost every Motorola phone, has a locked bootloader meaning that there is no way for us to change the kernel. They claim it is for security purposes. We claim BS. Even if you flash a custom ROM, there is no way to change the kernel.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

The Razr/Maxx, along with almost every Motorola phone, has a locked bootloader meaning that there is no way for us to change the kernel. They claim it is for security purposes. We claim BS. Even if you flash a custom ROM, there is no way to change the kernel.

So how do I go about overclocking my phones cpu and possibly the gpu?

SOME custom ROMs run a script, like a command in the software, to overclock. It doesn't change the kernel. You would have to ask a developer for the Razr about the script.

rotordroid said:
I believe Matt's Utility has an overclock option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not so sure the new version has OC'ing...

But then again I ask myself, why overclock a RAZR??

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Back