Charging challenges

tedankel

Reaction score
This starts here as I'm not sure where else to inquire. Last couple of days it seems that my Bionic isn't reliably connecting to charge via micro-usb port. The little lightning bolt does not show and a "Fully charged" notice is displayed even though the green charge symbol is barely half-way filled. Have tried 3 different chargers (two for A/C using MOTO micro usb leads and a new MOTO car charger) with same result.
Connector seems to seat well. Have folks encountered problems with the charging port? If port has problem, can phone be exchanged under the damage/loss insurance?
Running Moto extended battery. Brushed out port with small detail brush so it's clean. If port is part of case, looks like I may need to replace lower case under screen/bezel.

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Your battery may be failing. Many last for years, but not all, especially if subjected to extreme heat or cold or just a manufacturing glitch. If you could try another bionic battery in the phone, it might help narrow down the problem.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may also want to check the micro usb port on the phone. Make sure you don't have any junk in there. A little blast of canned air will blow out any dust and debris hiding in the corners. Also see if there are any of the leads bent out of place.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, which battery do you have in your Bionic? Stock, Motorola Extended, either Mugen extended, the Seidio extended or one of the ones off eBay?

gsDroid

Reaction score
You may also want to check the micro usb port on the phone. Make sure you don't have any junk in there. A little blast of canned air will blow out any dust and debris hiding in the corners. Also see if there are any of the leads bent out of place.
Be careful with canned air. It is easy to blow dust under the screen when using compressed air. Gentle suction may be a better way to clear ports or the speaker mesh.