Chasnge screen lock out period

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do I control the length of time before I have to swipe padlock to unlock the Droid?

I assume you're using the native lockscreen? I don't think there's a way to control the interval on that one, but I could be wrong. :shocked:

ShowTime

Reaction score
There is no way that I'm aware of to change it right now. It always locks almost immediately after sleeping the screen. There is an app to bypass the lock screen all together. It's called MyLock, I asked the dev of MyLock about this very feature though (setting a timelength that would allow you to sleep and then wake the phone without the lockscreen if it's within your set amount of time, but then showing the locksecreen if you wake it after that set time has gone by) and he said he was working on it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do I control the length of time before I have to swipe padlock to unlock the Droid?

The length of time from pressing the power button that you have to swipe the lock before the screen goes dark can't be changed, as the other responses indicated. The amount of time until your screen goes dark so you have to swipe the lock to get back to your desktop can be changed in the settings area under Sound and Display, Screen Timeout.