clearing cache partition

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Would someone mind explaining what clearing the cache partition does, and what files if any, when you do this

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Would someone mind explaining what clearing the cache partition does, and what files if any, when you do this

It clears out temporary files.. think of it like cleaning your room.. doing a system wide cache wipe is cleaning your room on a grand scale, doing per app is just cleaning a cubical...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To clear the cache on your entire phone follow this link and follow the steps... don't t do the fdr

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217019

You can clear the cache on a certain app by going into manage apps, find the app, open it, tap clear cache...

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Doing it from recovery ensures that no apps are running, therefore nothing would be missed. If using an app, it's a possibility some of the cache could be missed due to running apps that aren't properly killed.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:
Doing it from recovery ensures that no apps are running, therefore nothing would be missed. If using an ap, itms a possibility some of the cache could be missed due to running apps that aren't properly killed.

Excellent. So i think i should just delete my cache cleaner, and do it from recovery from now on. Anyone have a theory on how often this should be done?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I do it once a week... but I do things excessively :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Once a day, once a week, once a month, depends on if you feel you need it. You can do it whenever your phone feels sluggish, if you want. That doesn't always work for me. You can take 94lt1's suggestion on once a week and that should be fine for you. It also depends on how quickly you get tired of doing it. ;)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I do a hard reset and clear out the cache usually once a week, just keeping things fresh and clean as possible.

xandrews08

Reaction score
Ever since i did it from recovery mode it seems when i have wifi on 4G randomly drops and it drops calls and signal for a split second