Closest thing to a new Droid Pro on the market today/soon?

Astaroth

Reaction score
My Verizon upgrade is coming up in August, and even though I might keep my Pro as a GSM phone for when I travel, I am going to get a new one. What are my options? Everything I've looked at so far really doesn't look too appealing. The phones are usually too big, too expensive, lack important features (e.g. world phone.. apparently there are no 4G world phones!), or have a crappy keyboard. I would be willing to look at a keyboard-less device if people say they were able to transition to it from a Pro easily. I would also consider jumping over to Windows Phone if there is good gmail/google calendar/google contacts integration.

I wish they would just put out a thinner DP that's designed for ICS and isn't plagued by all the crap the original DP was. Apparently the form factor is dead though, unless you're willing to go for Blackberry (and I'm not).

OP
A

Astaroth

Reaction score
Interesting.

Samsung Galaxy Chat brings Nature UX to the messaging crowd -- Engadget

samsung-galaxy-chat-1341408123.jpg

Too bad the specs are awful. At least the format isn't 100% dead.

bengggggg

Reaction score
My Verizon upgrade is coming up in August, and even though I might keep my Pro as a GSM phone for when I travel, I am going to get a new one. What are my options? Everything I've looked at so far really doesn't look too appealing. The phones are usually too big, too expensive, lack important features (e.g. world phone.. apparently there are no 4G world phones!), or have a crappy keyboard. I would be willing to look at a keyboard-less device if people say they were able to transition to it from a Pro easily. I would also consider jumping over to Windows Phone if there is good gmail/google calendar/google contacts integration.

I wish they would just put out a thinner DP that's designed for ICS and isn't plagued by all the crap the original DP was. Apparently the form factor is dead though, unless you're willing to go for Blackberry (and I'm not).

I hear you! I would also buy a more current Droid Pro. I'm considering the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx as Motorola just made them world phone. However, they might not be as fast as the new Samsung Galaxy SIII. Apparently, the entire Motorola bloatware slows down the phone additionally. So I am wondering if instead of a G SIII I should go for a Razr Maxx and flash a new ROM. Nevertheless, I'm going to miss the Droid Pro's keyboard!

OP
A

Astaroth

Reaction score
I heard about the maxx being made a world phone, it's a great phone but a little too large for my pocket. will wait to see what else gets made a world phone.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Well the Motorola Admiral is a pretty sweet phone. But it has the same specs as the DROID pro plus..and its for sprint..and its not gsm.. why they didt make it gsm is beyond me..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Blackberry is supposed to be teaming up with Samsung and putting out a phone together Q1 of next year I think. Blackberry keyboard on an Android phone is something that could be pretty great.

OP
A

Astaroth

Reaction score
Well, I just bought the Incredible 4G on Amazon ($50!). Goodbye to full hard QWERTY for me, I'll have to just get used to it. Seems like it's the best non-huge 4G phone on Verizon right now, and might be getting a Jelly Bean update soon.