Connect to PC

RNugent42

Reaction score
Searched around and couldn't find an answer that worked. When I connect my thunderbolt to my pc via usb, it charges but I cannot use it as a disc drive. I have the settings set up to prompt me anytime I connect it, but that isn't happening. It's always worked in the past, not sure what has changed. Any ideas?

geoff5093

Reaction score
When you connect if it isn't in data transfer mode you should be able to pull down the notification bar and where it says something along the lines of "Charging, select to change mode", you should then be able to manually change it to disk drive mode.

OP
R

RNugent42

Reaction score
That's the thing, I can't even get to that point. The phone doesn't recognize that it's connnected to a pc. It acts as if it's plugged into a wall charger. I have it set to Disk Drive as the default connection type and also to ask me whenever I connect it. But I still get nothing.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have "USB debugging" checked?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
R

RNugent42

Reaction score
I've tried it with debugging mode both on and off. I've tried every option under Connect to PC. All it will do is charge.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may need to reinstall the drivers. I have a Bionic so it'll be different, but I did see HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC ThunderBolt

I don't know how the Thunderbolt compares to the EVO, but at How the HTC EVO 4G connects to a computer it said

When you want to change the default type, go to Settings -> Connect to PC -> Default connection type and make your selection from the list that appears.

If that option is on the Thunderbolt, Charge Only may have been set as default.