Continued battery issue, please help

JollyRoger

Reaction score
I am posting a new thread so, my response isn't lost in the other thread. I apologize if that is considered spamming a forum. But this is really irritating. Not sure what is going on. Here is what I did this morning:

I went to a regular wallpaper for my background. Changed the timeout to 30 seconds. Turned the auto screen brightness off and turned the brightness down to about 20%. I have done minimal web browsing and submitted one Twitter feed. Turned the Bluetooth off, always have everything else off. I constantly checked the Task Manager and saw no apps running. I had a full charge at 7AM and now (4:45PM EDT) have about 10% battery left. I have a feeling something is still running somewhere and can not figure this out. Also, no phone calls made on it today. And the thing gets quite warm after just a minute or two on the web.

Please help, not sure where else to look. Thanks for all the help prior. Maybe something in the settings that is causing the battery to drain?

Now the beeper is going off and I check the battery use and 41% is my display. Not sure what else to do. Also says 23% is cell standby, can I not just leave the phone on and not switch to Airplane mode. I never had an issue like this, and it may be typical for this type of smartphone. I could go 2 days without a recharge on my BB Curve. Is this something I need to get used to?

rastephens

Reaction score
Sounds broken to me. I am usually around 50% by the time I put mine on the charger at bedtime, unless I've been playing Angry Birds a ton.

OP
JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Reaction score
I've even gone as far as turning off Background Data in the Accounts & Sync area. Not sure if that will help or not.

TeeJay

Reaction score
I've even gone as far as turning off Background Data in the Accounts & Sync area. Not sure if that will help or not.

^^^should help..

also go to your mobile networks and set it to Home instead of Automatic.. coming from a blackberry.. this was basically the same issue with them..

ohfire

Reaction score
I agree it sounds like a phone issue. I charge mine over night and leave it on the charger. I took it off the charger about 6:30 this morning. I used it pretty heavy today, lots of long phone calls, many emails and a few text. Did a bit of browsing and when I got home at 5pm, I still had about 60 percent left. I then turned on my wifi for home and while working in my woodshop, I used tapatalk to read the posts on the fascinate forum. Then played winds of steel for a bit and when I put it back on the charge it was down to about 20 percent. After fighting battery issues on the Droid 1, this is a breath of fresh air.

Good luck