Cool looking mount!

jcimlas

Reaction score
I found this cool mount for phones. Mainly it is for holding phone and gps but it seems like can be used for various purposes like taking a picture by attaching it to a tree or something. The mount looks pretty good especially with the less bulky grips.

[video=youtube;7bazc4NqbrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bazc4NqbrQ[/video]

Amazon.com: Exogear ExoMount Touch Dashboard Windshield Car Mount for iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S, Galaxy S4/S3/S2, Galaxy Note 3/2, HTC One Droid Razr HD (Black): Car Electronics

Any thoughts?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but it looks awesome and has good reviews on Amazon. Post back if you get one

OP
J

jcimlas

Reaction score
Just got it today, gonna play with it this weekend and post update later.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its a great idea to mount your phone on the outside of your car! I will totally be trying this!

OP
J

jcimlas

Reaction score
Been testing this mount for a few days now and I am quite impressed with the quality of the mount especially with the suction cup. I did try some of the tests shown in the video by sticking on a tree and on brick walls to see if the mount really is capable of what they claim. I am blown away because it really did work. I took some pics of it.

The mount sticks tight like glue. It's pretty crazy how strong it is. Tried to pull off with my hand and the suction cup didn't budge. I tried a couple of other brands' sticky suction cup based mounts months ago and none of them worked as well as this.
The suction gel(?) looks like it smears into the gaps and holes on the surface and I guess that really helps stay stuck more than other kinds of suction mounts. You will know what I mean when you have one. Try not to touch the suction cup with your finger because the oil on your skin will make it less sticky. If you want to feel it, try with your fingernail surface.

A couple of things to keep in mind though.
You need to clean the surface of whatever you're sticking it on first for the suction to work well otherwise it won't stay long wherever you attach it. Another thing is that you need to push down along the edge of the suction cup with your fingers as their video demonstrated otherwise it won't perform well for rough surface and curved surface. If you keep attaching and detaching here and there, the suction will lose its power because dirt/dust keeps adding to the suction surface which makes the surface dull and decrease the stickiness. But washing it like the manufacturer suggested made it like new again.

I like the design most, it's not bulky and looks good on my dash. The grip has one touch spring mechanism and works well, holds my phone solid, no complaints here. The one touch release mechanism is a little awkward at first but after you get used to it, it's pretty darn convenient. Overall, very happy with this mount.

Here are some pics:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg
On my curved dash.

Images Continue on the below post.

OP
J

jcimlas

Reaction score
06.jpg
Got it to stick it perfectly by push around the edges with my fingers. Once it's done, it stays there.

07.jpg
Picks up a lot of dust on the bottom of it. The suction loses power if it doesn't get washed.

08.jpg
Mounting on a brick wall. It didn't stick long enough first time because I didn't do the push around the edge of the suction cup thing. I think the suction cup needs a little thumb force for it to stick and seal much better. I did the same with tree. It is not necessary doing this on a regular flat dashboard or windshield though.

09.jpg
I didn't even lock it and it still sticks.

10.jpg

Images continue on the next post again.

OP
J

jcimlas

Reaction score
11.jpg
The sticky gel(?) smears into the rough surface. Well, it looks like in my eyes.

12.jpg
Removing it from the wall, it looks like stretchy glue.

13.jpg
Out of curiosity, I stopped taking it off the wall in about a half way and it stayed stuck there just purely by the stickiness . Looks like the gel doesn't want to let go. I came back 10 minutes later and it was still there just like that. I am sure it will eventually fall off later but it was pretty impressive.

14.jpg
The suction cup surface was pretty dirty and ugly in shape after took off the wall just like a crocodile skin but after I cleaned it with water it became solid again just like some kind of half liquid memory gel or something. Very interesting material.

I was a little worried when I tried to take it off the brick wall because I felt like the suction gel would get torn apart due to the sticky and stretchy material. Fortunately that didn't happen and surprisingly the suction surface got its solid surface back after I cleaned it and waiting for 10 - 20 minutes. I am pretty sure it will take even longer to get the shape back if the suction stays longer on any rough surface. All in all, I like it and it just works. It was fun trying these tests out for myself, definitely recommend.

:rating10::rating10::rating10: