Cross-MIUI-subsection theming?

thepwneddroid

Reaction score
Can the MIUIandroid and MIUI.US builds of MIUI use any theme made for one build? For example, can a theme made for miui.us be used in miuiandroid's build?

Anyway, I asked trey on miuiandroid if he would post his build here, but he said no.

Here is the post:

I will probably never release my Droid port on Droid Forums for this reason:

Out of respect for Magiman7 I won't try to go stealing his thunder. (Like CVS opening across the street from Walgreens lol)

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Themes should work across builds as long as the build version is the same. A theme on miuiandroid for 1.6.17 should work fine on a miui.us 1.6.17 build and vis-versa.

As far as posting the miuiandroid build here, I don't have a problem with that. I respect Trey's decision, but I have told him as well as said publicly that I don't have a problem if his port gets posted here. The only thing that I ask is that separate threads are used for bug reports.

I do feel that you did not quote Trey correctly, and the correct quote does make subtle differences. The full quote from miuiandroid forums.

I will probably never release my Droid port on Droid Forums for two reasons:

1) Droid Forums banned me for an idiotic reason over almost a year ago. (I was taking up for some devs because so many noobs were being ungrateful and whinning)

2) Out of respect for Magiman7 I won't try to go stealing his thunder. (Like CVS opening across the street from Walgreens lol)

If Trey cannot access droid forums he cannot offer support or help with bugs as easily. I can say with having multiple forums to check, it quickly becomes a pain. I have posts here, miui.us, and xda. You end up doing a lot of duplicate posts and bug reports. Trey may want to keep things simpler for him by making everyone got to miuiandroid to download rom and post bugs there.

All that to say, Trey has his reasons and I respect those. However, I want to be clear that I am not the reason he can't or won't post his build here.

OP
thepwneddroid

thepwneddroid

Reaction score
Yeah, (btw I'm crossninex on miuiandroid), I didn't want to offend any DroidForums users, especially on the same thread, I revised it for that reason.
I respect Trey too, I just didn't want so-called "noobs" to be offended, and don't want them to be complaining to Trey and giving him less annoying whiners to deal with
Sent from my PeanutButter using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
What about your eri mod would that work on his port?

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What about your eri mod would that work on his port?

Not sure. MIUI.us and miuiandroid do not have the same framework-res so I don't know if that mod will cause any issues or not.

In future releases of the eri-mod I make, it will test the system to ensure the mod version matches the system version to avoid any compatibility issues. If it finds the system version does not match the mod version, it will not flash.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best bet is just making a backup and trying to flash it...if it doesn't work or breaks the rom then obviously a certain mod won't work but a recent backup makes everything easy :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums