Dalvic Cache...

eidian

Reaction score
Is there an ICS compatible app that will allow me to clear Dalvic cache? I used to use Motomizer but it doesn't work in ICS. I looked in Google Play but I didn't find anything. I'm running the leaked ICS stock but rooted and I'm not using any boot recovery apps. Thanks.

Running rooted ICS 6.14.75

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Titanium Backup has a feature that will allow you to clear it.

OP
eidian

eidian

Reaction score
Sydman said:
Titanium Backup has a feature that will allow you to clear it.

You know, I did try that out (forgot to mention it) and it only cleared out what wasn't being used--not everything. Thank you for reminding me of that, I guess that's all I have right now.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I also use Cachemate for Root Users, but not sure what all the really clears.

OP
eidian

eidian

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I also use Cachemate for Root Users, but not sure what all the really clears.

Thanks for the recommendation, I might try that app. It "only" clears cache but that might help when my phone starts to lag.

FYI: I'm not an expert but, cache is the part of memory that is set aside for apps to use. Dalvic cache is the part of memory that is set aside for the apps themselves.

Motomizer has the option to clear Dalvic cache and there's a warning that says it will reboot after it's cleared (because nothing will be running once it's cleared). That ALWAYS made the phone stop lagging even though it took longer to boot up (because it had to reload the start up apps again).