Data Usage

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
Using Wifi, why would "Gallery" use 42.0 MB of DATA in one day? No pictures transferred. This is a new phone and left all my pics on the Cloud. I called Verizon and no help there. Ideas? I also have Auto Sync turned off. I have a program on Onavo Count to try and figure this out and all it says is 98% used by "other" apps.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Were you texting pictures while on WiFi?

OP
ferret57

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
No, wasn't texting any pics. That's what's puzzling. And, when you use data on mms, according to Verizon, they don't count that.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Is Google+ Photos or Google+ Uploads set to sync on your phone? Under Accounts, select Google. Select your Google Account. Go through and check to see if they are set to sync. If you just got the phone recently, it could be sync'ing.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Good call, I forgot about Picasa.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be default Picasa is set to sync from the box.
To disable Picasa sync go to phone settings, tap Accounts, tap Google, tap your account name at the top, tap Picasa, or others, you don't want to sync. From the box they're all set to sync.

OP
ferret57

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
No to all. Google acct not syncing and don't use Picassa (not syncing). Just during the night, DATA off it used .10 mb. Seems every so many hours and I actually have Auto sync disabled. Called Verizon, couldn't give an answer, said if you have data off (yep) shouldn't be using any. It is now actually up to 44 overnight.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
On AT&T I used to have that happen and it was always the same time, just after midnight, and only if the phone was charging. Now I don't leave it charging over night. ;)

OP
ferret57

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
Nope, I charge mine to full charge before bed. So not charging. It's like every 2 hours. I have gone through all my apps, not many except the regular thinking just maybe there was something sat up to sync every 2 hours and can't, because data is off?

OP
ferret57

ferret57

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Twitter
ferretfuzzies
Going to check that out. Thanks leeshor. I did take notice to one thing, very strange,I had Battery Monitor pro installed and just happened to pull battery levels up and it seems it checks it every 2 hours. hmmm Uninstalled and going to try the GSam.

bubbanbrenda

Reaction score
I have not got my Turbo yet, but if it still uses "back-up assistant" or bua+media", mine updates every night between midnight and 6am. Also it is my understanding that if we are on Wi-Fi we are not dipping into our data allowance, is this no longer true?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Also I use Mobile Data Manager to watch my data, great app. Gives you a daily limit so you dont' exceed your plan, can look at graphs of your overall usage, and lists apps that are using data and which is using the most.

Highly suggested! I know it's an old thread but if you did get this resolve I'm curious to know the issue...