defective battery?

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
i was previously running the leaked gingerbread version, after the OTA, i rooted and have had problems with my battery since. on the leaked version i'd get at like 18+ hours with heavy use (calls, texts, facebook & twitter). after the newest version, i can barely get 8 hours with minimal use and my settings are the same. i don't have any live wallpapers, all wifi, bluetooth and gps settings are off. i've recallibrated the battery. i have the battery that came with it. should i unroot and go to verizon? if so, what's the quickest and easiest way to unroot?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i was previously running the leaked gingerbread version, after the OTA, i rooted and have had problems with my battery since. on the leaked version i'd get at like 18+ hours with heavy use (calls, texts, facebook & twitter). after the newest version, i can barely get 8 hours with minimal use and my settings are the same. i don't have any live wallpapers, all wifi, bluetooth and gps settings are off. i've recallibrated the battery. i have the battery that came with it. should i unroot and go to verizon? if so, what's the quickest and easiest way to unroot?

Before doing anything drastic you should consider trying to see where all the power is going. First check in the settings sections and see what apps/systems are listed as using the most battery. In battery info you will get a listing of the top ten users of power. That may point to an issue with an app. A slightly better way to look for a malfunctioning app or system is to download the app System Info. It will show everything that using cpu cycles. That can help you find the culprit.

Good luck.

Edit: the app is Android System Info.

OP
asdfghjkl_em

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
phone idle 30%
display 30%
cell standby 24%
text messaging 4%
facebook 4%
contacts 2%
android os 2%
motorola services 2%

i haven't touched it in about four hours and it's already down to 15% ]:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
phone idle 30%
display 30%
cell standby 24%
text messaging 4%
facebook 4%
contacts 2%
android os 2%
motorola services 2%

i haven't touched it in about four hours and it's already down to 15% ]:

Assuming you are not in an area with a very, very weak cell signal, I do not see anything on the battery info list that is startling. If it was my phone and I was considering going to Verizon, the first thing I would do is a Factory Hard Reset. This will remove all user data and you will have a clean phone. That will help eliminate the possibility that this problem is being caused by some app or such.

You can read up on rooting and unrooting in these threads: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/search.php?searchid=995478

Good luck.

OP
asdfghjkl_em

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
i did a factory reset and it's still doing it. luckily i'll be getting another battery next week from verizon for free.

thank you[: