disabling dirty word filter on google voice recognition?

Reaction score
I like using the voice recognition to send texts when I'm stopped at a stoplight. the problem is, it filters out the dirty things I'm telling my wife and replaces them with ####. Is there anyway to disable this?

haythem1992

Reaction score
Go to settings-voice input/output settings-voice recognition settings-uncheck block offensive words. Its funny to think of them inputting certain words, and believe me it recognizes a lot :).

dolpns13

Reaction score
Go to settings-voice input/output settings-voice recognition settings-uncheck block offensive words. Its funny to think of them inputting certain words, and believe me it recognizes a lot :).

Is this in the phone settings? I dont see that "voice input/output" setting

haythem1992

Reaction score

Yes it says Voice input & output under phone settings, but I am running Froyo so it may be under a different format/name.

Ej4

Reaction score
I think I was looking for this in 2.1 and didn't find it. Though once I rooted to froyo it had the option so it might not be available yet.

dolpns13

Reaction score

Yes it says Voice input & output under phone settings, but I am running Froyo so it may be under a different format/name.

yeah, I got 2.1

mrdreamers

Reaction score
ya i dont see the settings to disable the dirty word filter, i goto the little wrench in the right top corner of google chrome but i see nothing plz help!

elvis46ca

Reaction score
Motorola Razor

on the Motorola RAZR you access the settings from settings / language and input /Google Voice typing / settings.it's here that you uncheck, block offensive words