Diztronic Matte Black Flexible TPU Case Review

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Pros:
Made out of some type of rubber that has some stretch to it.
Easy to put on and take off for extra battery swapping.
Should work with the extended battery.
Fit is pretty good with a very small footprint.
Corners and sides have pretty good protection.

Cons:
Very little screen protection as the sides only protrude a few mm above the glass.
The back is slick and smooth. No grip once so ever.
The screen protector isn't big enough to cover the entire screen and I could not get it on without a ton of bubbles. They wouldn't work out.

I will see if I can get some pics up later. Overall I am not impressed and will probably look for another one.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
I have the same case and I am in love with it. I love the soft touch feel of the TPU. Feels like it would give more than enough protection if dropped. Fits very snug. Only complaint is that sometimes it can be hard to press the volume buttons.

It really doesn't add much bulk at all, and that's just another reason why I like it so much.

Oh, and the included screen protector is a POS. I put a SGP on there and I can't even notice it!

OP
screaminz2002

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Update.
After taking it off quite a few times its holding up OK. Only problem so far has been the volume buttons sticking. Have to reposition it when that happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

msheldon

Reaction score
I got this case, and I like it . It fits very nicely, even with the extended battery. The holes in the case all line up exactly with the ports/buttons, etc. I did modify it though, I punched out the area convering the volume rocker. I kind of understand why they do it that way, but I prefer the buttons to be recessed so they don't get hit accidentally.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I have this case as well, and it does fit with the extended battery very nicely. I do have one small issue with the case and that is the volume up/down button part is hardly noticeable, no tactile feel so I actually was unknowingly holding the volume up button while trying to press the power button and couldn't figure out why the power button wasn't working. Still I did pick up the Verizon soft silicone case which fits perfectly as well with the extd battery.

I had the liviving social $50 deal, and becuase the extd battery is on promo I had to spend more than $50 on other items to use it. No biggie I need some other stuff anyways.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
I got mine off Amazon for $10 shipped and came with the screen protector. I also cut out the volume rocker section, as it was too easy to accidentally move the volume when gripping.

I actually had GREAT results with the screen protector using these instructions. Make sure you use the foggy bathroom trick to create a dust free environment. Worked great. I still had a couple pieces of dust, but I was able to pull back the protector and pick them off with a piece of scotch tape. I worked the bubbles one at a time with a guitar pick and now I can hardly tell it's there.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got this one as well. Volume rocker sucked so I cut it out. I'm currently trying to decide between the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio Siscrylic.

The screen protector tips are great. I made a post here. This should be helpful for a lot of people.