dont want new phone but...

Kittysback

Reaction score
I have no desire to get a new phone but over the past few weeks i keep losing my data... But it will just go off a few seconds at a time but it wont load my page and i have to keep refreshing page. Its starting to become extremely annoying. Not sure if its Verizon or the phone itself. I dont want to lose unlimited data and dont want to spend $500 or more on a new phone. Ugh. Everything was going so well with my Bolt until recently. :(

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I noticed that when they were reactivating my phone at the verizon store. They had to mess with it to get data to work. Thought it was just me but sounds like a bug verizon needs to fix unless they gave up on fixes for this phone

BigNunz6

Reaction score
I have no desire to get a new phone but over the past few weeks i keep losing my data... But it will just go off a few seconds at a time but it wont load my page and i have to keep refreshing page. Its starting to become extremely annoying. Not sure if its Verizon or the phone itself. I dont want to lose unlimited data and dont want to spend $500 or more on a new phone. Ugh. Everything was going so well with my Bolt until recently. :(

Holy cow I'm in the same boat, thought it was only me.
I called Verizon after having this problem for about 2 weeks and spoke to a tech person who assured me it was not anything Verizon was doing. He told me that my SIM card needed to he replaced.
Naturally I was skeptical but went ahead and agreed to have him send a new one.

Well 2 days later I replaced the SIM card and guess what??? Same SHEIT !!
eRRRRRR !!!

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Why not do an insurance job.....I upgraded on my wife's like and then transferred that line to mine and kept my unlimited data......

FORMER THUNDERBOLT OWNER.

GALAXY S3 ROCKS

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Who knows why they will send you for a replacement, I'm sure its not gonna be a S3 or a Razr Max HD.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
For bionic owners they gave them a droid razr. They may offer you a nexus or the razr.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I think I recall reading a former posting a while back where someone determined that they solved the problem wen they uninstalled the Facebook App. There comment was they were a heavy FB user....and FB was running a lot in the background.

You may want to try it a few days first.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I loved my TB too, but sometimes people couldn't hear me and I would have to switch to speakerphone before they'd hang up on me. I never knew when it was going to happen so I could leave a message on someone phone and all they'd hear was dead air. I'd have to pull battery, & reboot and it would be ok for awhile. Got tired off it happening so I go got a new phone, the Samsung Note II....Freaking amazing phone. I got 4 gigs of data, added my tablet for $10, where I was paying $40 a month for it so when all is said and done my bill from Verizon went down $30 a month....I'm not a heavy user though I don't watch movies or do lots of downloads on my phone....I have a nice big screen TV at home for that.

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
I changed it to 3G and its not doing that anymore. I switched back to 4G and it started happening again so I just switched back to 3G and its not doing it.

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
I think I recall reading a former posting a while back where someone determined that they solved the problem wen they uninstalled the Facebook App. There comment was they were a heavy FB user....and FB was running a lot in the background.

You may want to try it a few days first.

I just tried this....uninstalled FB app and put it back in 4G mode (had it on 3G to avoid data issue) and so far so good... The data has not been flickering on and off. Hopefully that was the problem but time will tell. Thanks for the suggestion! I hated that FB app anyway!

pctdavis

Reaction score
Just put my stock battery back into the thunderbolt. Man, this thing was nice before I had to start using the brick.

Oh well, Maxx HD is in the mail. So long thunderbolt. You just cost me $300 and unlimited data.

Red meat is not bad for you; green fuzzy meat is bad for you.