droid 2 rooting?

litodroid

Reaction score
hi guys im new to this whole rooting thing , is it possible that i can root my phone and remove bloatware and put custom themes , because i want my lockscreen like the one from motorola droid which looks much better in my opinion and all im asking is for someone to point me right direction thanks

Yes, a theme could include a new lock screen, but not necessarily.

Two very active developers for the D2 right now are Motaboy (ROMs - see his post on 2.4.5 in this forum) and 928Droid (see the Themes section - he has his own sub-forum with a Droid 2 thread there.

Motaboy ROMs come in a range of flavors that includes majority of "bloatware/blur" removed.

928Droids themes tend to be based on stock releases, but they are beautiful themes.

I hate to bring this up but I feel it does need to be said often. Rooting does void the warranty. Now chances are that someone (I almost said we but I can't) will be able to bail you out if something goes wrong. Just want you to be aware.

Yes, a theme could include a new lock screen, but not necessarily.

Two very active developers for the D2 right now are Motaboy (ROMs - see his post on 2.4.5 in this forum) and 928Droid (see the Themes section - he has his own sub-forum with a Droid 2 thread there.

Motaboy ROMs come in a range of flavors that includes majority of "bloatware/blur" removed.

928Droids themes tend to be based on stock releases, but they are beautiful themes.

thanks for the info:)

I hate to bring this up but I feel it does need to be said often. Rooting does void the warranty. Now chances are that someone (I almost said we but I can't) will be able to bail you out if something goes wrong. Just want you to be aware.

ill keep that in mind :)

Back