Droid 3 Boot Animation

phalstead

Reaction score
I skimmed through the threads and hadn't seen this yet, so I figured I'd toss it up in case anyone was interested. This is the boot animation pulled from the Droid 3. I'm not a huge fan of it but thought someone else might like it.

Disclaimer: You must be rooted to do this. Also, you'll be mounting your system as Read/Write so that you can modify its contents. If you decide while you're doing this that you'd like to play around with your system files and you somehow manage to brick your phone, it's on you. It's not my fault you have the attention span of a goldfish and can't follow directions.

ON TO TEH GOODIEZ!!!11ONE

Download: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Installation:

You'll need root explorer or astro to do this.

1.) Download new boot anim from link above

2.) Get the file on your phone somehow. Dropbox, usb cable, etc.

3.) Open your file explorer, copy the new bootanimation.zip file from wherever you placed it on your sd card.

4.) Once copied, navigate to /system/media/

5.) Mount the system as R/W so you can modify its contents.

6.) Rename your current bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak in case you want to go back to it. It's easier than trying to find it again later and put it back on.

7.) Once you've renamed your old boot animation, you can paste the new Droid 3 boot animation in the Media folder. Once pasted, make sure you mount the system as R/O.

8.) Reboot your phone and enjoy the new animation. If you don't like it, it's as easy as going back into /system/media/, mounting as R/W, deleting the new .zip and renaming the .zip.bak to .zip. Clear as mud?

Let me know if you have any problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Woodyman @ MDW for the dump zips.

BobxD

Reaction score
I've tried it on the atrix 4g but when I reboot it show the dual core thing and then android