droid 3 to be returned

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I been trying all day to find a good link to droid 3 sbf file please someone know where I can get it. Please pm me if you know of a link dont post it here please.

OP
M

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
thanks for response

Just cant see paying for an sbf file. they are around im sure someone who has had droid3 a while has it. I cant find a good link online. I know its not suppose to be linked here is why I ask for pm to where I can find or even get from some kind sole. I just hate sending back a device with trace of root on it. this will be only the second time. Last time the phone completely died I had no say in the matter. I got all I could off phone about root but the damn bootloader hack :(

OP
M

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Help

I got my replacement and tried rooting that didnt go well so I tried to sbf and now im stuck in apfastboot wont boot. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. shoudl have looked in the about phone section just to be sure its not updated or somethign but now I cant do anything. Im hoping its just a bad d/l or pc but tomorrow i'll redownload on my pc and try. I tried on my dell laptop I do most things with this lapsop so im not sure what happened. I do know I know I never seen this happen. first I ran petes 1click root and it passed the first 2 but would now write su and other files to phone so it was failing. [I do have usb debugging on].

GreenSnow

Reaction score
There are some sbf / fastboot directions and files over in the XDA-forums that saved my D3 a few months back, don't know the link off the top of my head, good luck man

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
M

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
link

Have a link to one of those or all of them on xda forums ?

Found many that link to the same broken link. I never had this issue before. I cant figure out what went wrong.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Just an FYI, anytime you get a replacement phone, make sure to check the version it's running. Most likely you got the 5.7.906 version on your replacement phone (the update was ready back in Feb but delayed released OTA until just recently...was already on lots of replacement/new phones.. The original root method doesn't work....which, most likely, is why it failed for you. You also can not .sbf back to 6.890 if your phone is running 7.906, which is most likely why your device got stuck in APFastboot.

If you get your device functional (XDA has some good threads on what you can .sbf), you'll be part 7.906 and part 6.890......complete the OTA update and then use the new root method "motofail" since Pete's one click method no longer works.

OP
M

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
thanks so much guys, im fully back up and running with ice cream sandwhich lightly. I see it still has the data drop once in a while but the plain mode switch on and off fixes it still.

Im very happy to be back up and running. I was stuck on my older incredible for a few days. I hate gingerbread android after using ice cream sandwhich.

Reaction score
I got a replacement a few weeks ago. Their sending out replacement droids w/ .902 or 905 or whatever instead of .860 and so the previous rooting methods will not work on them. You have to use the root exploits for the droid 4 in order to gain root.