Droid 4 died... like, in, dead died. Now what?

crabsalt

Reaction score
Hey guys. Pulled my Droid 4 out of my pocket yesterday, and it had powered itself off (again). Only this time, it wouldn't power back up. 30 minutes prior it had told me it was at 84% battery. Looked up instances where this has happened to others, and I have little hope it'll come back to life. It recharged all night with no luck, the phone wasn't even warm (yes it was on the stock charger). Anyway... what now?

Overall I'm a bit disappointed with this phone for several reasons, mainly the battery life. I never bothered to root it or anything. I really liked the physical layout of the phone and all, I'm with most of you in that I need a keyboard. I had no insurance plan on this phone, and its way out of warranty. I won't be up for another contract dealio with Verizon until Feb 2014.

Recommendations? Should I get something else from ebay to hold me over? I will probably end up doing that, I was just hoping one of you clever folks could give me a suggestion I haven't thought of. What would you gals and guys do if you were in my situation? Is there a super-cheapo smartphone out there I can buy in the meantime?

Thanks...

OP
C

crabsalt

Reaction score
Can I trade my old, dead phone in somewhere? I bought it from Amazon, not Verizon.

ilvred

Reaction score
hi there,

definitely take it in to a verizon store and let them look at it. even if you bought it on amazon, it might be worth a shot. you're still a customer!

my droid 4 died recently, too. it just kept rebooting itself over and over. i took it in, they confirmed that it's a manufacturer defect. since i had extended warranty, they sent me a replacement (same model). but going in to the store is the way to go. i called them first and was told the warranty had expired so they can't do anything for me. that's when i decided to bring it in.

or plan b: do you have an old phone you can have reactivated until your contract runs out?

good luck....

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Did you try hard reset yet? My RAZR has gone black a couple times and hard reset fixed it. I've also bricked a few times. That was a little more involved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

crabsalt

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the replys. I do have an old phone that I reactivated - a ENV Touch. And yes, I've tried the hard reset trick - dozens of times. Will make it into a local Verizon store soon to confirm its potential deadness, thanks for the advice!